- Jules Verne & Icelandic Horse
- Icelandic Pony in William Morris' Kitchen
- Icelandic Horses Books
- Icelandic Breeding Standards
- Gaits of the Icelandic Horse
- MtDNA Origins of the Icelandic Horse
- Fun Facts--Icelandic Horse
- Fun Facts-Blessi
- Icelandic Pony in the White House Elevator
- Is this trotty, pacey or clear tolt or rack
- MCOA Hereditary Eye Defect in Silver Dapples
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
How to Pronounce the Name of Your Icelandic Horse
Fitjamyri Icelandic Horses, in Vernon, BC, Canada, has developed a wonderful resource. They have recorded the pronunciation of common Icelandic horse names. Many, many thanks to Toos and Arnold Faber of Fitjamyri!
Interested in learning how to pronounce Sleipnir, the name of Odin's 8-legged horse? Go to this page and look for the guide on the left of the farm's home page:
Have fun with this site!