Tuesday, January 28, 2014

These are a few of Blessi's favorite things

Tastykakes are a Philadelphia delicacy.  Yum!
Blessi's favorite things of course all involve food. When I first got Blessi, he was direct from Icelandic and would only eat bread.   Over the years, I have experimented to see what Blessi does and does not like and his tastes have expanded. 

He adores peanuts, carrots, apples, grapes, oranges, Peanut Butter Tandy cakes, any kind of donut, horse cookies, peppermints, celery only if it has peanut butter on it, raisens, cashews, walnuts, any type of berry, bread, cereal, barbequed potato chips, French fries, bananas (maybe), and apple juice.  He likes the smell but not the taste of coffee.

Blessi will not eat corn bread or shortbread cookies.  He is not fond of sugar cubes or snow peas.  He tasted broccoli one time--chewed it up and spit it in my hair.  If Blessi could, I am sure that he would quote George W. Bush, "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." 


No comments: