- Jules Verne & Icelandic Horse
- Icelandic Pony in William Morris' Kitchen
- Icelandic Horse Books
- Icelandic Breeding Standards
- Gaits of the Icelandic Horse
- Fun Facts--Icelandic Horse
- Best of Blessi Stories
- Fun Facts-Blessi
- Is this trotty, pacey or clear tolt or rack
- MCOA Hereditary Eye Defect in Silver Dapples
- Bone Spavin in the Icelandic Horse
- Velkomin, Bienvenu--How to translate Blessiblog
- MtDNA Origins of the Icelandic Horse
- Icelandic Horse Twins--A Wonderful and Cautionary Tale
Is this trotty, pacey or clear tolt or rack
Difference Between Pace, Stepping Pace, and Smooth Gait (updated 2014) from Ivy Schexnayder on Vimeo.
Ivey Schexnayder speicalizes in the training of gaited horses with a background in "trick training, natural dressage, classical dressage, endotapping, and clicker training." She created this video and graciously said that I could feature it on Blessiblog. Here she shows--in slow motion and normal speed--showing how to determine the difference between:
- pace (pacey tolt) -- Beat starting with left hind is 1 - 2 - - 3 - 4
- stepping pace (trotty tolt) -- Beat is 1 - - 2 - 3 - - 4
- clear beat gait or rack or tolt -- Beat is 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
If you are thinking of buying a gaited horse or starting to evaluate your own horse's gait to determine how to improve it, you will appreciate this video.
Ivey has more help available at her web site at: http://www.ivyshorses.com/
I wish FEIF or the USIHC would create some educational videos like this......