|What does a cave painting have to do with|
eye defects? Follow the link to the page above
and find out. Photo source: Wikipedia
- how the disease affects the equine eye
- how age impacts equine vision
- as high as 50% occurrence in Kentucky mountain and Rocky Mountain horses due to colors of foundation stallions
- since silver dapple gene has a dilution effect how this impacts disease for silver blacks, silver bays, etc.
- silver dapple gene does not impact chestnut color but disease does
- suggestions when considering buying a silver dapple
In conclusion, you might want to have the vet pay special attention to the eye during a pre-purchase exam but otherwise certainly keep the silver dapple color in mind as a possibility.