Saturday, February 10, 2018

Blessi and the Boot

Blessi and I were enjoying a quiet moment at the stable tonight. I was sitting on the mounting block removing a stone from my boot. Blessi, who was loose, decided to check out my exposed sock covered with pumpkin faces. He has always been fascinated with what is hidden by people shoes.

Then he picked up my boot and started shaking it. I could see the twinkle in his eye as he considered running off with my boot. If I tried to grab the boot, he would have been more likely to run thinking it was a game. Perhaps he could earn a peanut. I would have had to limp through the deep, wet sand to get my boot or disturb the lesson in the indoor arena to ask somebody to retrieve my boot.

I pulled off my sock. He dropped the boot to check out my toes and I was able to grab my boot. I might have to teach him how to retrieve.

No comments: