Saturday, July 21, 2018

Blessi and the Fountain of the Unicorn

I was invited to design a SCA Noblesse Oblige Tournament--think of a trail obstacle course that includes weapons. My chosen theme is The Hunt for the Unicorn Tapestries, now exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Each obstacle ties back--however loosely to one of the medieval tapestries.

One obstacle, based on the Fountain of the Unicorn, involves a tarp on which I painted silver ripples and a fountain that I made out of pompoms. The rider needs to cross the tarp and deposit a "commission from Anne of Burgundy" into the fountain. Since Blessi is not going to the tournament, I decided to test out this obstacle because if Blessi had problems with it I would need to do some redesign. Here is Blessi's first attempt at the fountain as ridden by Karina. The tarp still smells like spray paint and Karina need to pull on the reins to prevent Blessi from dismantling the fountain.

No comments: