Friday, July 22, 2016

Lyngshest horse herding sheep in Mountains of Norway


This is a Lyngshest horse from Norway, a close relation to the Icelandic. Here Peter, Neisti, and Tinka the border collie are herding sheep in the mountains of Norway. Tinka works independently at such far distances. And I swear by Neisti's ears that horse is looking for sheep also. On steeper parts of the trail, I had my eyes closed.

I wonder what types of obstacles this would require in a Working Equitation class and how the longer legged horses would do. ;-) Check out the trail maps at the beginning of the video showing the rough, steep, terrain that had to be negotiated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally insane landscape. Couldn't do this without the border collie and the very sturdy horse! Interesting that he's using a western saddle. I think I see the reason they bred white sheep here... only way you can find them. OK I'm just holycrapping at some of these trails...

Blessiowner said...

Yes, I noticed how impossible the task was without the dog. And your expression a "holycrapping" trail is perfect. Horse and rider have to be a perfect team.