Wednesday, December 20, 2017

2017 Christmas Card--In Progress

Darn the free public library systems of the United States!  The Kitsap Country Library runs wonderful educational programs for adults and children from how to use a computer to making mixed media mini tiles out of dominoes to reading to a dog. A few months ago, I took a class on making lino-block prints--a craft that most of us last did in our high school years.  I had so much fun that I resolved to make my own Blessi Christmas cards.  Did I start in September?  October?  November?  How about six days before Christmas?

To the left is a photo of my results so far--the wood block has been cut but I have yet to pull my first print.  Oh, don't worry the bandage covers a developing blister from cutting the wood block.  The red is from the marker used to highlight the block to see if I cut enough surface material.  And I still have an hour till midnight.  I am off to ink up the roller!

No comments: