|Icelandic sheep Photo: Wikipedia|
- Jules Verne & Icelandic Horse
- Icelandic Pony in William Morris' Kitchen
- Icelandic Horse Books
- Icelandic Breeding Standards
- Best of Blessi Stories
- Is this trotty, pacey or clear tolt or rack
- MCOA Hereditary Eye Defect in Silver Dapples
- Bone Spavin in the Icelandic Horse
- Velkomin, Bienvenu--How to translate Blessiblog
- MtDNA Origins of the Icelandic Horse
- Icelandic Horse Twins--A Wonderful and Cautionary Tale
- Using World Fengur
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Hancock's 50 Facts on Icelandic Sheep
I keep finding some absolutely fascinating, almost crazy, information about Iceland, its horses, and other inhabitants. Edward Hancock has the same disease, er interest. He published his research on Icelandic sheep on his Blog Iceland Defrosted. Here are some of the 50 facts he discovered.
"#1. Sheep have a lot of very important business in the middle of roads. You will often see them having meetings. @CatTheobald
#2. Icelandic sheep have radars in their horns so they know exactly when to run in front of your car.
#14. Icelandic Sheep favour Twitter over Facebook, due to the confusion around facial recognition.
#15. Icelandic sheep have lead sheep called forystufe, who can operate GPS, and know the farmers phone number by heart.
#46. When transported out of Iceland, Icelandic sheep retain their accents. "
You can check out his web site for the rest of his crazy facts about Icelandic sheep