Sunday, February 10, 2019

Boots for Fuller Calves

For those of us with short, thick Icelandic horse style legs, here is a boot that I found that fits well and
still looks stylish. This Ariat Heritage has the same riding sole/heel as their paddock boots but it is much easier to get on than the tall English riding boots.

The boot decoration is a left over piece of a belt that I originally disassembled to make a period bridle for Blessi. Blingy jewelry that is perhaps too tacky to wear as personal jewelry makes great boot enhancements.

Notice the nice soft shine on the boot. While learning to make period bridles, I picked up the tip of using wax to buff a shine onto a boot. I used a cheap, white wax candle to rub a thick coat on the boot. I then took a soft rag to rub off the excess wax. This methods adds shine and a bit of waterproofing.

No comments: