Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Christmas Pony

It was Christmas eve.  The extended family had gathered at my parents' house to celebrate.  My 5-year old niece Amy came running up me and handed me a small, lovingly wrapped package. "Guess what it is," she joyfully asked.  "But you can't open it until tomorrow morning," she added. 

Well the last thing in the world I wanted to do was ruin a little girl's Christmas surprise.  So I took the small box and carefully shook it.  The box was just the size that small pieces of jewelry comes in.  And it rattled just like a piece of jewelry.  So I decided to guess something that could not possibly be in the box.  "It's a pony," I announced. 

Pony magnet that is currently on my refrigerator

Poor Amy, her face crumpled and tears came to her eyes.  Sobbing, she turned and ran to her mother.  "Aunt Pam is so mean.  She guessed.  She guessed." 

Here is what was in the box.  
 I felt so bad for the rest of the night.  I had to play a lot of games to get Amy back in the Christmas spirit.

But what is ironic is that Amy's gift pony magnet turned out to look a lot like my first and only horse Blessi.

Blessi says Merry Christmas to everybody!!!

1 comment:

  1. A pony manifesting into your life! What a great story!

    ReplyDelete