Sunday, October 1, 2017

Blessi saves the day in absentia


I went to the library today. Before selecting books, I decided to wash up after a visit with Blessi. As I was about to leave, a lady with a little girl about 5 and little boy about 2 came in. The mother was assisting her daughter as the little boy went to the door and started to have a meltdown in his desire to leave the room. In an attempt to help, I started talking to Jamie (with the mother's agreement)--playing peekaboo, askng him if he had any pets, did he like the library....Jamie went all shy and quiet. 

Finally in desperation to find something to talk about I asked "Do you want to see a picture of my pony?" Jamie was quite enchanted just to have an adult to stare at. The little girl finished so I said good bye to the family and the mother thanked me for helping. As I opened the door to leave, the little girl Mandy piped up as she was washing her hands "But I want to see the pony pictures." 

Luckily today's theme at the stable was Blessi and the farm animals so there were lots of cute pictures to share. Here is Blessi with one of the goats. Note Blessi likes goats, the goat is shy around horses, and the nearest horse is sure the goat is going to eat him.

No comments: