Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Walk Like a Yak (on Yaktrax)

I live in the Seattle area and usually winters are quite mild.  The weather forecasters are predicting some severe snow this year so last week I invested in some Yaktrax.  (Eddie Bauer featured a half price special.)   Per the manufacturer, "Named after the sure-footed Tibetan Yak, Yaktrax stre[t]ch over everything from casual walking shoes to winter boots."

I have to admit they are easy to put on over riding boots or sneakers.  They provide a lot of traction on icy surfaces--just what a Klutz like me needs--sort of like snow chains for sneakers.  However, take them off before riding or going inside.  And I discovered that if you aren't careful when you stretch a Yaktrax on your shoe, you can fire it across the driveway like a giant rubber band.  I almost hit Ollie my dog.

 http://www.yaktrax.com/pro

Note to self: Next time, remove shoe and Yaktrax before taking
picture--ankle does not bend easily in needed direction.

No comments: